Sorghum is the sweetener of the South. That decadent, amber syrup adds a down-home touch to anything. Who doesn’t love biscuits drizzled with sorghum or a healthy dose in a rich baked-bean dish. Sorgh...
- ¼ cup bacon drippings, not solidified
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sorghum syrup or dark honey
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or more to taste)
- Generous grinding of black pepper
In a jar with a tight fitting lid, mix all the dressing ingredients and shake vigorously to emulsify the dressing, making sure the sorghum is blended in.