Winter means games — the last of football, the height of basketball, and maybe even a bit of hockey. The allure of cheese dip, salsa, and delivered pizza is tempting, but you can step up your g...
- 2 pounds whole raw chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 tablespoon apricot preserves, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt, plain
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- vegetable oil for brushing
Preheat oven to 375°.
Brush a baking sheet with vegetable oil or line with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Cut chicken wings in half, removing wing tip if desired (discard wing tip or save for stock).
Lay chicken wings in a single layer and brush with vegetable oil. Bake for 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of the preserves, garlic, soy sauce, chili sauce, 1/2 of the lime juice, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
After wings have cooked for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and coat with apricot mixture.
Return to the oven for 20–25 minutes or until wings are cooked through.
In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, remaining apricot preserves, remaining lime juice, and cilantro. Serve as a dipping sauce for the hot wings.