Recipes from the author of the popular Carolina Farmhouse Kitchen blog.
- 1 French baguette, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4-5 large tomatoes (whatever is in season), diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red roasted peppers, drained and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Fresh basil to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes, roasted peppers, onion, garlic, and basil with olive oil, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Drizzle each baguette with a little olive oil. In a large cast iron skillet, over medium to high heat, grill the baguette slices for a few minutes on each side. Remove the toasted bread from the skillet and top with bruschetta mixture. Top with freshly grated or thinly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and enjoy.